Paleo Beef Barbacoa Slow Cooker
- 1/3 cup Braggs raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 -4 chipotle chilies in adobo
- 4 -5 lbs. grass fed chuck roast or beef brisket
- To make the adobo sauce combine vinegar, lime juice, chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Remove most of the fat from the roast and then cut into large chunks (approximately 6).
- Pour oil into a frying pan and sear all sides of roast on medium-high heat until browned.
- Place meat into Crockpot and pour adobo sauce over meat.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add bay leaves.
- Cook on high heat 6 hours or on low all day.
- While still in the Crockpot, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to warm.
Serve with guacamole, pico de gallo and fresh cilantro