Orange Marinated Chicken
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (4 lbs if buying bone-in)
- 6 oranges, peeled and seeded, coarsely chopped (or 2-3 cups fresh squeezed orange juice)
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ of a 7 oz. can of chipotle chili peppers in adobo
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 Tbsp fresh marjoram leaves (or oregano, or 1 tsp dried of either)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a blender or food processor, combine the chopped oranges, onion, chipotle in adobo, garlic, cilantro, rosemary, thyme, marjoram, and salt. Pulse a few times to make a coarse pure.
- Put boneless chicken thighs between two sheets of wax paper and pound with a meat hammer until even thickness of about ½ inch. Combine the chicken pieces and the orange marinade together either in a glass bowl. try to avoid plastic whenever possible. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron pan on medium high heat. Remove chicken pieces from the marinade, wiping off excess (but not all) marinade. Working in batches, cook the chicken pieces for 5 minutes on each side.