Lamb and Olive Chili
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 small onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 large or 2 small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, diced (or leave whole if you prefer)
- 2 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Sautée your lamb in a large skillet or medium pot over medium-high heat. I find that ground lamb is usually fatty enough not to require any additional cooking fat, but feel free to add some if you feel it’s needed.
- When fat begins rendering, add onion and garlic.
- When meat is nearly done being pink, add spices and stir to combine.
- Add zucchini and olives. If you really like olives, add a splash of the olive liquid to the pot.
- When zucchini is just beginning to soften, add the tomatoes.
- Allow chili to come back up to bubbling, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste with salt and pepper and serve.