What You Should Know About IBS and Common Conditions That Mimic IBS.
- Recurrent abdominal pain or discomfort
- Abnormal stool frequency (greater than 3 bowel movements/day or less than 3 bowel movements/week
- Abnormal stool form (lumpy/hard or loose/watery stool)
- Abnormal stool passage (straining, urgency, or feeling of incomplete bowel movement)
- Bloating or feeling of abdominal distension
- Feelings of urgency (the need to find a restroom fast)
Frustrated with Symptoms of Diarrhea, Constipation, Brain Fog, Bloating
If you’re like most people that find this site, you are frustrated with the treatment and management of your digestive disorder. Perhaps you have been tested for Celiac disease or Crohn’s disease, and when your tests came back, everything was normal. By exclusion, many doctors will tell you that your diarrhea, constipating, or bloating is caused by stress. Time and Time again, the minute you tell your doctors you are stressed out or depressed, you are given the diagnosis of IBS and given a prescription for an anti anxiety or antidepressant and then told to just eat more fiber.
But Doctor….. “I’m not depressed” Surely, there must be something I can do to feel better Naturally?
Your good doctor goes on to tell you, “There Is No Cure For your diarrhea, gas, bloating, and intestinal spasms, and the best you can do is manage the symptoms with Prednisone, Miralax, Stool softeners, Imodium AD, and other medications. In other words, “You Just going to Have To Live With It” for the rest of your life.
But Doctor….. “What About Nutritional Changes for My diarrhea, IBS, and SIBO? What About Gluten? Or Fructose malabsorption”
You ask another question, “But Doctor “What about Nutritional changes.” At this point, there is a long pause and your doctor tells you to eat more fiber, take your medicine, exercise more, eat more grains and try not to be so stressed out! If That Sounds Familiar Read on and watch my video?
I’m Here To Tell You About A Revolutionary Breakthrough In Understanding And Treating Irritable Bowel Syndrome, IBS-D, IBS-C, SIBO, Leaky Gut, Crohn’s Acid Reflux and other Chronic Digestive Disorders Naturally.
Many people throughout the country have suffered just like you and found relief with my IBS Recovery Program. You can eliminate the embarrassing diarrhea, bloating, constipation, gas, intestinal spasms, and bowel discomfort naturally. You can regain your life by unlocking the true underlying causes of your Diarrhea, Bloating, Constipation, Gas and, Vitamin deficiencies. There is a cause behind ALL of these symptoms despite your doctors attempts to finding it. You have probably heard about the Law of Cause and Effect. Quite simply your symptoms are the effects of some cause. Don’t accept the notion that there is nothing else you can do and that you have to live like this for the rest of your life.
The Answer For Better Health Lies In A Four Step Process.
#1 Getting the RIGHT kind of Tests-Just because your Dr said everything is “Normal”- doesn’t mean that you are healthy. If you feel lousy, despite “Normal” test results- your doctor’s have missed something. With the right testing- we can develop and personalize a treatment program just for you.
#2 Interpret the tests correctly- Your Health problem has many components- we need to look at the BIG picture and really understand the many overlooked connections.
#3 Following a very specific Customized Program Tailored to you– Not some cookie cutter approach you can find on the internet.
#4- Discipline on Your Part– Consistent Dietary Changes that are based on your individual test results and unique foods sensitivities.
I hate to say this, but most of the tests patients send to my office for me to review are useless. They either fail to shed any light as to the cause of their problem, or they fail at offering any information that is helpful in working with a patient naturally. You can’t create better health with more medication. Most of the tests you have had done are designed for doctors who prescribe medication. This is why you will continue to suffer with diarrhea, constipation, bloating, acid reflux, brain fog, anxiety, and vitamin deficiencies.
Digestive trouble can be one of the most embarrassing and uncomfortable diseases a person can have.
As you may know, your life can be a wreck by not being able to go in public due to an attack. Never enjoying life to the fullest, not being able to go places where a bathroom is a few steps away, or eating something and never knowing when the next “attack” will happen is NOT how you should have to live. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS or spastic colon) is a diagnosis of exclusion. It is a functional bowel disorder characterized by chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating, and alteration of bowel habits in the absence of any detectable organic cause. In some cases, the symptoms are relieved by bowel movements. Diarrhea or constipation may predominate, or they may alternate IBS may begin after an infection, a stressful life event, or onset of maturity without any other medical indicators.
Is There A Cure For IBS-D, IBS-C or SIBO?
Although traditional medicine say there is no cure for IBS, I totally disagree-and so do my patients. Most traditional treatments are designed only to relieve symptoms. If you want to correct the cause to your condition, you need to have functional testing. Most patients can start feeling relief in 2-6 weeks and following our dietary recommendations within 3 months can be clear of symptoms. There are a few “deal breakers” that may need to addressed first that prevent you from getting better. I look for those first to make an accurate functional diagnosis. You can see some of these deal breakers below. Several conditions may be present alongside IBS and compound the Symptoms. Disorders and syndromes including SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, Celiac disease (gluten intolerance), Fructose mal-absorption, Lactose Intolerance, bacterial infections, LPS endotoxins, parasites, worms, food allergies, infections like cryptosporidium, Giardia, Hookworm,Leaky Gut, Thyroid disorder, Autoimmune diseases like inflammatory Bowel Disease, Crohn’s, and Ulcerative Colitis’s. In IBS, routine clinical tests yield no abnormalities, though the bowels may be more sensitive to certain stimuli.
The most common theory is that IBS is a disorder of the interaction between the brain and the gastrointestinal tract, and also be abnormalities in the gut flora or the immune system. This is why we use functional testing markers. “Experts” say-notice that’s in quotes- that IBS does not lead to more serious conditions in most patients. But it is a source of chronic pain, fatigue, and other symptoms, and it increases a patient’s medical costs, and contributes to work absenteeism.
Again, I disagree! digestive issues are the cause of most chronic disease out there like auto immune conditions, thyroid diseases, arthritis, anemia, gastro-esophageal reflux (GERD), symptoms relating to the genitourinary system, psychiatric symptoms such as depression and anxiety, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, headache and backache and many more including something you may have not of heard of COLON CANCER!!! Did you know your gut is also called the 2nd brain?
Believe it or not many patients with digestive problems do not even know they have a problem with their digestion because they have no bowel issues. Many times gut issues will contribute to “other” health problems such as multiple sclerosis, anxiety, Brain Fog, Bi-polar, inflammatory arthritis, Depression, Chronic neck or back pain, hormone problems, Diabetes, Neuropathy, Thyroid disease, Hashimoto’s (autoimmune Thyroid), and many others. In kids it can manifest as ADD/ADHD, Asthma, Allergies (adults too) and autistic disorders.
The Ten Keys to Better GI Health.
- Altered levels of beneficial bacteria “Gut Disbiosis” or bacterial in the small intestines where they don’t belong (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth or SIBO)
- Possible presence of infectious bacteria, H.Pylori, LPS endotoxins, yeast or parasites (Toxicity)
- Lack of digestive enzymes (especially if you have lost your gall bladder or you take antacids)
- Altered Levels of Short Chain Fatty Acids–
- Leaky Gut– Breakdown in the Gut Barrier Integrity
- Low Levels of Secretory IgA (SIgA)- If you have re-occurring or chronic GI problems parasitic infections, SIBO, Candida, Yeast, or autoimmune problems you may have either elevated or depressed SIgA levels
- Food Sensitivities/In-tolerances to Dairy, Egg, Soy, Milk, Corn, and other healthy foods.
- Cross Reactive Food Sensitivity (foods similar in structure to gluten that can induce damage to the body)
- Gut Inflammation-Inflammation poses many problems to people who suffer with diarrhea, bloating, cramping, constipation, gas, and GERD. Inflammation is a major cause of tissue damage and pain. While there can be many causes from Food like Lectins and Night shades to medications like the Birth Control Pill. Identifying where your Gut inflammation is rooted is important.
- Hormonal Imbalances– Hormone like Cortisol, Thyroid, Estrogen have a massive affect on how fast food moves through Gastrointestinal tract- we call this “Motility”. Low thyroid hormones can cause constipation, while too little cortisol can impair healing of inflamed tissues. Estrogen can affect the gallbladder causing poor digestion of fats. All of these hormones also influence neurotransmitters like Serotonin and Dopamine. Serotonin acts on the intestines to speed up the transit time of foods. This ultimately leads to diarrhea.
As you can see there are many interactions and connections between the Immune system, the Gastrointestinal system, the Hormone system and the Neurological system. If these systems are not evaluated together, you will not be able to unravel the health challenges your facing.
Not sure where to start?
In order to make the most out of your time with Dr. Hagmeyer, please take a moment to complete our health questionnaire.