Zucchini Spaghetti with Kale Pesto Sauce
- 4-6 organic garlic cloves
- 1 small organic red onion
- 3-4 organic green onions
- bunch of organic kale
- 1 slice organic lemon (about 1/4 lemon)
- 1 organic green pepper
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil (for frying), 1/4-1/2 cup of organic extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
- 1/4 cup of organic pumpkin seeds (pre-soaked for at least 8 hours)
- 1/4 cup of fluoride free water
- Sea salt (to taste), organic black pepper (to taste)
- 4-5 zucchinis (depending on size)
- On a chopping board, chop garlic and onion (red and green) and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Chop kale and add to Vitamix or blender
- Squeeze lemon onto kale and set aside.
- Chop green pepper, then add to container with kale.
- Heat a small frying pan and add coconut oil. Then add red onion and garlic and fry for 5 minutes or so. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add green onions, oil, pumpkin seeds and water to container with kale and green peppers.
- Once garlic and red onions have cooled, add them to container as well.
- Blend all ingredients.
- Add pepper and salt for flavor and blend again. Make necessary adjustments according to personal taste. Set aside.
- Using a julienne peeler or a turning slicer (which is a very handy tool for making zucchini “noodles” peel zucchini lengthwise (until you reach the seeds).
- Evenly distribute zucchini noodles, including skins, to 2 plates. Do not discard of the the skin peels as it holds the most nutrition!
- Top off pasta with pesto sauce.
Depending on your preference you can either serve the the zucchini noodles raw or heat them up slightly with olive oil and fresh garlic.