How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off
One of the most frustrating challenges we here from men and woman seems to be not only losing weight but also keeping it off. What good is weight loss if you only keep it off for a few months. The real challenge to successful weight loss can be a complex relationship.
There is much more to healthy weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight than simply eating less, exercising more, and counting calories.
While a good healthy clean diet is integral to weight loss, for those who continue to struggle, it’s time to look at some of the other Root causes.
These other Root causes Include
- Level of Activity
Many eating plans designed to help you lose weight leave you feeling hungry or unsatisfied, or they cut out major food groups and are not sustainable. These are major reasons why you might find it hard to stick to a healthier eating plan.
At DrHagmeyer.com we look at the Big Picture. There is no one size cookie cutter approach to weight loss. What helps one person lose weight may not help another. Everyone has unique needs and different eating styles, and tips may work better for you than someone else.
Don’t Guess…. Test
Successful Weight loss starts with listening to the clues the body is already sharing with us. Collecting this information and these data points then extracting them help us identify where we start in customizing your weight program. After all, how can you fix something if you don’t know How, What Where, When and Why it broke in the first place?
Proper testing allows us to specifically target the individual requirements for you to enjoy weight loss success.
Common Hormonal Causes of Weigh Loss:
- Low thyroid hormones.
- Low cortisol (which affects thyroid hormone activity)
- Insulin resistance
- Leptin Resistance
- Inflammation and/or systemic acidity.
- Estrogen dominance
- Candida overgrowth
- Toxicity or liver congestion.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction
- Food sensitivities
- Lack of exercise
- Chronic stress
- Sleep deprivation
- Measuring your fat-burning ability
- Switching on fat burning through diet
6 Tips for Weight Loss
Here are 6 more tips to help you lose weight:
- Eat a high protein breakfast.Several clinical studies have found that consuming more protein not only helps us feel full, but also causes weight loss and enhances body composition. Starting your day with a high protein breakfast rather than cereal or a bowl of oatmeal will help reduce food cravings and keep you feeling full throughout the day (1) (2). Studies show that high protein diets also help reduce fat by increasing secretion of our satiety hormones(2a), thermogenesis (2a)
- Don’t Drink Your Calories. This sounds simple, but you would be surprised how many people are drinking empty calories and sugar. Sugary drinks and fruit juice cause a spike in insulin levels. Insulin is the hormone known for causing diabetes. Empty calories from sugar trick your brain into sugar cravings which in turn can slow down any weight loss efforts (3),(4)
- Stay hydrated.Drink water not only helps keep our skin hydrated and looking good, it also helps our kidneys, digestive system, our joints, and blood pressure. Try to drink water throughout the day aim for half your body weight in ounces (5)
- Eat more fiber.Fiber does a lot more than just keep us regular. Multiple studies show that eating fiber also helps with weight loss. Where do we find fiber? While some fiber is better than other, we can fiber in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds. (6)
- Base your diet on whole foods.They tend to be nutrient rich, more filling, and less likely to cause overeating than processed foods.
- Chew Your Food and Take Your time eating.Eating quickly can lead to weight gain over time, while eating slowly makes you feel fuller and boosts weight-reducing hormones (7)
Need help in finding out why you are having trouble losing weight and keeping it off? When you consider working with our clinic, we leave no stone left unturned. We would love to help you find the reason why you are experiencing trouble losing weight and keeping it off. Contact us today for more information.