Parasite Detected In A Patient Suffering With Hashimotos.
Advanced Testing uncovers several parasites and a fluke in one of our patients who has been suffering for over 20 years. The literature is filled with research showing that patients with chronic diseases such as Hashimotos, Celiac Disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Dizziness, High Cholesterol suffer with Gastro intestinal problems, but how often will your doctor investigate what might be causing it?
This little gem is called Clonorchis sinensis, the Chinese liver fluke and lives in the liver of humans. One of our patient’s livers to be exact. It is found mainly in the common bile duct and gall bladder, feeding on the bile. Clonorchis Sinensis is said to be the third most prevalent worm parasite in the world. It is estimasted that 30 million humans are infected by this parasite.
How exactly does one aquire this parasite? There are a few different ways:
Infected fish muscle snails infected water These are acid-resistant and are able to avoid getting digested by humans gastric acids and because of this it is able to reach the small intestine unharmed. After reaching the small intestines, the metacercaria navigate toward the human liver, which becomes its final habitat. Clonorchis feed on human bile created by the liver. The liver is where mature Clonorchis reaches the stage of sexual reproduction. Adults produce eggs every 1-30 seconds, which as you can imagine, creates a rapid multiplication of Clonorchis inhabitants in the liver.
Parasites such as these don’t show up on normal lab work or blood work, this is one of the many reasons why we do advanced testing in our office.
We uncover what is really going on, the good, the bad and the ugly.
Whats important to understand here is that compromised GI Function due to Antacids, Tylenol, steroids, antibiotics, vaccines and many other types of medication can cause a breakdown in the Gut Barrier leading to somthing called LGS or Leaky Gut Syndrome. When this occurs its not uncommon to find many parasites, Candida overgrowth and a variety of opportunistic bacteria in the GI system. This can have a profound affect on a persons health. As the GI system goes, so does the immunity and so does the Brain. ( You can learn more about the Brain Gut connection here)
There are many symptoms directly or indirectly associated with yeast and parasite overgrowth. If you have several of these symptoms, there is a really good chance that you have an infestation or overgrowth.
Symptoms of Yeast and Parasite Overgrowth:
- Lowered immune system and constant illness
- Rectal itching, especially at night
- More than one vaginal yeast infection
- Sores on the mouth or lips or white spots inside mouth
- Constant tiredness
- Difficulty sleeping and waking up
- Toe fungus or athletes foot
- Bloating and gas
- Sensitivity to food or chemicals
- Sensitivity to the smell of strong perfumes or cigarette smoke
- Rashes or itching around genitals in men or women
- Recurrent bladder infections
- Food cravings, especially for sweet or starchy foods
- Intestinal cramps
- Psoriasis or eczema
- History of antibiotic use
- History of steroid use including inhalant or asthma medication
- History of contraceptive use
- Brain fog or mental fuzziness
- Menstrual irregularities including irregular periods, heavy bleeding, cramps, PMS or an ovulation
- Anxiety or depression
- Floaters or spots in the eyes
- Muscle or joint aches
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Previous or current cigarette smoking
- Use of fluoride or consumption of fluoridated water
- History of high sugar/carbohydrate consumption
This is the acutal Test of one of Our Patients.