Super Green Soup
Recipe courtesy of Zenbelly
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 bunch spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4-6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot, saute the leeks in the butter (or ghee or coconut oil) over medium heat or until they begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes
- Add the broccoli and the garlic cloves and saute another 5 minutes or so.
- Add enough broth and cover, reducing heat to low.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is soft.
- Add the spinach and turn off the heat. It should wilt pretty much right away.
- Puree in batches, adding more water or broth if necessary, and season to taste with salt and pepper.