- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 12 eggs
- Sea Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large sauté pan, sauté the onions and minced jalapeno in the coconut oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook just until it starts to brown and add the grated sweet potato and garlic.
- Cook until the beef is completely browned and the sweet potato is soft. Add the chili powder, cumin, and salsa, stir and cook until heated through.
- Taste and season with a little sea salt if desired.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a 11×7 glass baking dish and spread the meat mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the 12 eggs add pour over the meat mixture in the baking dish. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the eggs are set in the middle when you jiggle the pan.
Recipe by Dr. Hagmeyer at https://www.drhagmeyer.com/southwestern-frittata/