Smoky Roast Turkey Breast
- 1 small tied turkey breast (1-1.5 pounds is perfect)
- 1 tablespoon smoky rub *
- 1 lemon or small orange, sliced
- * Smoky Rub:
- 1 Tablespoon each paprika, sea salt, coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon each cumin, corainder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- Rub the smoky rub all over the turkey breast and allow to come to room temperature, about 1-2 hours. (you can also let it sit overnight in the fridge for more flavor, if you’d like)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place the turkey and the orange or lemon slices in a baking dish and roast until it’s cooked through and reaches 165° on a meat thermometer. My roast was 1.3 pounds and took about 45 minutes. If it’s smaller than that, check it after 30 minutes, and then every 10 minutes after that.
- Allow to cool, and slice as needed.
- Store tightly wrapped in the fridge.