Slow Cooker Stuffing
Yield 6-8 servings
- 3 Italian sausages, removed from casing (for variety use a mix of hot and mild)
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about ¾ cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- 2 yams, peeled and chopped
- 6 fresh sage leaves, minced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste, just before serving
- Brown the sausage in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat breaking up the meat as it cooks. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Turn the pan heat to low and melt the ghee.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients to the slow cooker. Pour the melted ghee over it and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Add the stock and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Dr. Hagmeyer at https://www.drhagmeyer.com/slow-cooked-stuffing/