Methyl Detox Profile & Consult
The Methyl Detox Profile includes genetic markers or SNPs involved in methylation and homocysteine metabolism. Homocysteine is a maker of inflammation in the heart and in the brain. High homocysteine can lead to heart attacks, strokes, infertility, migraines, Brain injury, depression and more.
Time: Get your results 7-14 days after test.
See What Patients Are Saying
About The Methyl Detox Profile
More than 50% of the population are affected by genetic mutations in the methylation pathway.
Standard MTHFR genotyping only evaluates folic acid metabolism. The MethylDetox Profile makes it easy to understand the complicated methylation process by giving comprehensive insights into the functional status of the methylation pathway.
The MethylDetox Profile includes genetic markers involved in methylation and homocysteine metabolism provided in a detailed lab report with personalized commentary. Additionally, continued homocysteine testing enables easy monitoring of patient progress.
Genetic variations in this pathway are associated with elevated homocysteine levels, impaired methylation processes and limited detoxification capacity.
As a result, these SNPs (single nucleotide polymorphisms) may contribute to accelerated aging, certain chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease and neurodegenerative disorders, impaired gene-regulation, poor drug clearance, and impaired neurotransmitter metabolism.
The primary purpose of methionine/ homocysteine balance is to ensure proper methylation by donating methyl groups for:
- DNA methylation (gene regulation)
- Regulation of neurotransmitters (e.g. epinephrine, norepinephrine, and Dopamine)
- Detoxification of catecholamines from the environment
- Drug clearance (phase II liver detoxification)
- Homocysteine is also a precursor in the biosynthesis of L-cysteine for glutathione; glutathione is important for the detoxification of electrophilic compounds (metals).
- Elevated serum homocysteine is a widely accepted marker for methionine/homocysteine imbalance, which is a genetically controlled process.
Elevated homocysteine levels can lead to accelerated aging, cardiovascular disease and neurodegenerative disorders among others.
Who Should Test?
Individuals with a manifestation and/or family history of:
• Cardiovascular disease
• Hypertension, coronary artery disease, stroke
• Neurodegenerative disorders
• Poor drug clearance
• Multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS)
• Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)
• Chronic metabolic disorders
• Metabolic syndrome
• Kidney or liver disease
• Musculoskeletal disorders
• Autism spectrum disorder
• Alzheimer’s Disease
What’s Being Tested
What Are My Treatment Options?
A Personalized treatment program and cost of treatment plan will be recommended after your test results have been reviewed.
What’s Included with The Methyl Detox Profile?
- 30 minute consult with Dr Hagmeyer to discuss results
Here's How It Works
Order your Testing
Submit testing specimens to proper labs
Review Your Test Results and Personalized Treatment Recommendations
Retest and refine your treatment plan to stay on track with your health goals.
Find the right solutions to your health issues and an approach that takes you and your needs in mind. Get started by ordering the Methyl Detox Profile assessment and consult now.