Roast Leg of Lamb With Rosemary & Garlic
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 leg of lamb, bone-in, about 5 ½ lb
- 12 sprigs rosemary, each sprig cut in half
- 6 garlic cloves halved lengthwise
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Refer to the cooking times and temperatures charts to calculate the needed cooking time of the roast depending on its weight and desired wellness.
- Make 12 incisions on the fatty side of the roast with a sharp knife and insert half a garlic clove and half a rosemary sprig in each incisions.
- Rub the roast with melted cooking fat of your choice.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan and roast for a first 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 F and continue roasting for the remaining of the time, basting with the fat occasionally.
- When cooked, remove the roast from the oven, place on a cutting board and let rest, covered with foil, for about 20 minutes.
- Carve the roast and serve while hot..