Standard Cholesterol Testing DOES NOT
Determine Your True Risk of Cardiovascular Disease!
50% of people that have heart attacks had “normal” cholesterol using conventional medical tests.
—National Heart, Blood & Lung Institute
Myth: Standard cholesterol testing will accurately depict your level of risk for cardiovascular disease.
Fact: Not Necessarily.
Standard cholesterol testing found in most medical offices looks at cholesterol in two ways: HDL (labeled as good) and LDL (labeled as bad). Standard cholesterol testing does not take into consideration lipoprotein particles which is a more accurate way to measure cardiovascular disease and the risk of its development.
Why are lipoprotein particles so important? Because they are actually responsible for transporting cholesterol throughout the body. Essentially, lipoprotein particles are the major players in the development of plaque formation which leads to cardiovascular disease.
Another way to understand the difference between conventional cholesterol testing and more advanced cholesterol testing is to consider an analogy. Pretend that you’re travelling through a big city like New York or Los Angeles or even Atlanta and you’re trying to catch a flight to the airport during rush hour. Obviously, at that time you’ll be facing a lot of traffic. If you’re in a rush to get to the airport and you’re pressed for time, what matters more? How many cars are on the highway or how many people are in the cars?
The clear answer is that the number of cars on the highway is most important. The number of people in the cars is irrelevant. Whether someone is travelling with one other person or 5 other people doesn’t really matter. It’s not going to take you any less time if they have 5 people in the car versus 2. It’s the total number of cars on the highway that makes a difference in how bad the traffic is.
In considering testing for cardiovascular disease, conventional tests typically look at the number of people in the cars (cholesterol), whereas advanced tests also look at how many cars are on the highway (lipoprotein particles or carriers of cholesterol).
Myth: Cholesterol is the main factor in determining your risk for cardiovascular disease and Eating Cholesterol is Bad.
Fact: Cholesterol is only part of the picture.
Size, density and number of lipoprotein particles (the carriers of cholesterol) is the strongest indicator of CVD risk. In fact, your risk of CVD increases with higher numbers of lipoprotein particles. For that reason, the most accurate testing takes into consideration both cholesterol and lipoprotein particles.
Most conventional cholesterol tests found in medical offices do not test for lipoprotein particles at an advanced level. This is why there can be up to a 40% error with traditional testing. It’s also why 50% of people that have heart attacks are deemed to have “normal” cholesterol.
Myth: I have Heart Disease because it runs in the family.
Fact: New research in epigenetic shows that most people have the ability to turn disease genes on or off when lifestyle and other environmental factors are considered.
We are all born with susceptibilities to various diseases and chronic conditions. However, most often lifestyle and environment play key roles in whether or not those genes are expressed. This is why one person carrying a particular disease gene may develop that disease while another that carries the same disease gene will not.
The University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center stated that, “Instead of genes, lifestyle and environment are responsible for 90% to 95% of our most chronic illnesses, including cancer.” Cardiovascular disease also falls into the category of chronic illness and for most people, it too has the ability to be turned on or off based on environment and lifestyle choices.
Why Test more than Just Total Cholesterol levels and Standard blood tests my general practitioner already Ran?
Because you could be a ticking time bomb! standard testing and screening procedures are inadequate in a day an age where 1 in 2 die from heart disease. Determine Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease in a Thorough and Comprehensive Way
By looking into the number of lipoprotein particles as well as their subgroups, there is a higher probability of accurately measuring your risk of cardiovascular disease. This will help to uncover whether or not you are one of the 50% of people that has been deemed to have “normal” cholesterol levels but in reality you are silently developing cardiovascular disease.
Take Advantage of Cutting Edge Technology to Uncover Your Risk and Gain a Competitive Edge
Most people are completely unaware that there are advanced testing options available for determining CVD risk. Using superior technology developed by Texas A & M University, you can stay ahead of the curve by knowing where you stand when it comes to your cardiovascular health.
What’s the Solution?
New technology has paved the way for advanced lab testing that looks into the various risk factors behind heart disease. This significantly increases the probability of uncovering heart disease before it’s too late and being proactive about your health.
Cardio ION Health Profile
The Cardio ION is a combination of nutritional tests that gives a nutritional assessment and identifies risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD). Specifically, this nutritional test measures levels of fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, organic acids, and risk factors for CVD.
The Cardio ION nutritional test identifies modifiable risk factors for CVD, including:
- Fatty acid imbalances which can lead to chronic inflammation. Current research finds levels of specific fatty acids to be strongly correlated to CVD.
- High fibrinogen is associated with increased risk of clots and CVD
- Homocysteine is an important risk factor for not only CVD, but stroke and dementia as well
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is essential for proper mitochondrial function and energy use. It also acts as an antioxidant. Cardiac cells have high mitochondrial demand. Statins can decrease CoQ10 levels.
- Fasting insulin is an indicator of insulin resistance. Hyperinsulinaemia has been associated with a cluster of CVD risk factors.
- Insufficient antioxidant status is associated with increased oxidation. Oxidative damage is believed to play a role in heart and vascular disease by promoting inflammation.
The Cardio ION nutritional test can guide treatment of many conditions and symptoms, including:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Immune Disorders
- Mental/Emotional Disorders
- Learning and Behavior Disorders
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
- Inflammatory Conditions
Why Order the Cardio ION nutritional test?
One in 2 adults has some form of cardiovascular disease. An evaluation of standard lipid markers does not provide optimal assessment of risk. The Cardio ION nutritional test goes beyond conventional serum lipid markers! This nutritional test identifies critical CVD risk factors, including:
- RBC Magnesium
- EPA and DHA levels
- C-Reactive Protein
- AA/EPA Ratio
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol and gamma tocopherol)*
Test Type: Blood & Urine Test
Healthy Heart Program: What’s Included $1699
- Advanced Advanced Cardio Ion that measures both cholesterol and lipoprotein along with other overlooked nutritional and metabolic markers that contribute to heart disease.
- 60-90 minute Report of Findings Consultation- Once we have received your lab test results, Dr Hagmeyer will review your test results and design a customized treatment plan specific to your needs, goals and test results. Treatment plan costs and duration, vary from person to person and will be reviewed at time Dr Hagmeyer reviews your results.
- Initial Nutritional Consultation (60 minutes)- You will meet with our Nutritionists (phone) and during this time you will be introduced to the “H” protocol. You will learn about healthy fats, proteins, glycemic control how to read a food label and what are best foods for supporting your heart.
- Meal Planning– you will be given a meal menu to follow that will help jump start your heart.
Review your results with our clinic director and expert doctor, Dr. Richard Hagmeyer and get a step by step, customized plan for how to address any issues that may show up on your test results.
Get your Health back NOW.
You can also order Dr. Hagmeyer’s Healthy Heart Program by:
- Contact our office by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call our office at 630-718-0554 or you can order direct by clicking on the order now button above.
- Someone from our office will contact you upon purchase to confirm.
- Order on line and save $100
Can I work with Dr Hagmeyer If I live out of state or out of the country.
Yes- we work with people from all over the world. Many of these tests, with the exception of blood, work can be done in the comfort of your own home
Once Dr Hagmeyer receives all your test results, a Report of findings will be set up to discuss treatment options and best recommendations to start you on your path to feeling good again.