Paleo Taco Shells
Yield 2-3 servings
So I discovered this recipe on Happy Chomp and it got wonderful reviews. Some key things to note though is they are not meant to taste like corn taco shells, a silicone baking sheet or non-stick sheet is recommended along with parchment paper and do not add oil to the pan!
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (all the flowerets)
- 3 eggs OR 4 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
- Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
- Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a seive, on a bowl (look at the pictures below). Make sure to drain as much exces water as possible.. there is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower
- Mix the drained cauliflower and eggs until smooth
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet into circles at about 1/4” thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla
- Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy