Gluten Free Paleo Meatballs
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh onions
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 lb. ground chuck
- Cover bottom of baking pan with:
- 1 cup beef broth
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Stir together all the ingredients (except the ground meat) in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground chuck and mix together thoroughly. Use a portioning scoop with retractable blade or two spoons to roll your meat balls. Because these have no bread as a binder its best to make your meatballs small. Coat a baking sheet or shallow pan with olive oil. I like to line the pan with foil first as it makes less of a mess. Space the meatballs on the pan so they are not touching each other.
- Cover bottom of pan with beef broth. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- These meatball can also be fried in olive oil but this takes quite a bit longer and you must use a spoon when turning the because the have a tendency to break apart if using tongs.
- NOTE: For variety, use ground turkey, ground chicken, or a combination.