Gluten Free Paleo Italian Wedding Soup
For this recipe use the Paleo Meatball recipe from my site. For this recipe I used chicken instead of beef for the meatballs but beef meatballs can also be used if that’s what you prefer.
- Sweat in 2 Tbsp. olive Oil:
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup Welshire Farms thick turkey bacon, diced3
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
Add And Simmer
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 30 uncooked marble-sized meatballs
- 2 cups whole spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Off Heat, Add:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Sweat vegetables, turkey bacon, and garlic in olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat until softened.
- Add chicken broth and seasonings; simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Drop meatballs into simmering soup. Cook until they float to the top about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and parsley. Cook just until the spinach wilts, about two minutes.
- Off heat, stir whisked eggs into soup.