Paleo Gluten Free Chipotle Chicken Bite Wraps
These make a fun little appetizer and can also be made quickly by using a guacamole prepared ahead of time and a rotisserie style cooked chicken.
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup paleo or lacto-fermented ketchup (see recipes in sauces section)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. chipotles in adobo sauce chopped
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 cups of cooked chicken
- 1 head of small lettuce leaves such as boston or butter
- Cilantro, lime zest, minced jalapeño and red onion
- Mash avocado, tomato, lime juice, garlic, and cilantro together; salt to taste and chill.
- Simmer paleo ketchup, honey, chipotles, vinegar, chili powder, and chicken in a sauce pan over medium heat for 8 minutes or until sauce is syrupy.
- Top each lettuce leaf with 1 Tbsp. avocado mixture, then 2 Tbsp. chicken mixture.
- Garnish each wrap with chopped cilantro, lime zest, minced jalapeños and red onion.