Calculate Your T3 Reverse T3 Ratio Levels Using The Calculator You See Below
Why Calculating Your T3/rT3 Ratio is Important
|The normal thyroid gland produces T4 and T3, and some rT3. |
Reverse T3 is not a problem in every patient suffering with Thyroid disease. Knowing what your T3/rT3 levels are can be a great way of monitoring your Thryoid function. Being able to calculate your T3/rT3 Ratio allows you to determine whether your hypothyroidism and the symptoms that go along with it (Fatigue, Brain fog, weight gain, hair loss, bone health, constipation-IBS, heart rate, body temperature) is caused by an excess amount of reverse T3 hormone.
To calculate your rT3 ratio you will need the following Thyroid markers
- T3 (Total) or
- Free T3
- Reverse T3 (RT3)
Here are some common causes for a low FT3/RT3 ratio:
- Low Ferritin (iron anemia)
- Leptin Resistance
- Nutrient deficiencies such as low iron, selenium, zinc, chromium, Vit B6 and B12, Vit D
- Environmental Toxins
- Liver Disease
- Heavy Metals
- Low Testosterone
- Certain Foods
- High cortisol, this disturbs the balance of the thyroid hormones
- Low cortisol, this again disturbs the balance of the thyroid hormones
- Blood Sugar problems/ Insulin Resistance/Diabetes
- Inflammation (NF kappa-B)
- Medications- Some medication can elevate your Reverse T3. Medications such as propylthiouracil, ipodate, propranolol, amiodarone, dexamethasone, and the anesthetic agent halothane.
- Some Medications can Lower your Reverse T3. Medications such as Dilantin decreases rT3 due to the displacement from thyroxine-binding globulin, which causes increased rT3 clearance.
There Is Much More to Stabilizing Thyroid Function- Then Replacing Hormones
If you have been struggling with Thyroid problems then you know how frustrating it when your doctor only believes in (Synthroid) T4 or T3 replacement. Some physicians believe treatment of hypothyroidism is simply a matter of prescribing the patient Synthroid and telling them to come back in 3 or 6 months. Well…. for an overwhelming majority of men and woman this doesn’t cut it. There are many causes behind poor thyroid function and I have created numerous videos, articles and newsletters to help educate the public about these matters. I encourage you to read these articles on my website.
Other articles about Reverse T3 Readers Found Helpful.
- How High Reverse T3 will Cause Thyroid Symptoms
T3 Reverse T3 Ratio- How To Calculate It. Video about the importance of calculating your ratio.
Our Personal Thyroid Treatment Program is a great place to start
The Personal Program Thyroid Recovery Program is a Natural Treatment for Low Thyroid function, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism and Hashimoto’s disease. It is a comprehensive program that leaves no stone left un-turned.Our office offers the most comprehensive program to target thyroid disease at the root cause. We utilize targeted nutritional supplements based on Functional Nutrigenomic testing, Meal planning, Food recipes, Dietary counseling, Hormone and endocrine support, bio-identical hormone replacement, and lifestyle guidance.
Each person suffering with Thyroid symptoms problem has a different set of mechanisms or causes. Our office will customize a Thyroid Restoration Program based on your testing and tailored to your individual needs.