Hawaiian Barbecue Burgers
Yield 4-5 burgers
- 1 lb ground Grass fed beef/Ground Bison/Ground Elk/Antelope
- 4-6 oz bacon, finely chopped
- 1 Large onion or 2 small onions
- 1/4 c barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pineapple, cored & sliced
- Lettuce to be used as a wrap (optional)
- Guacamole (optional) - 1 dollop
- In a large bowl, combine beef, BBQ sauce and bacon.
- Mix together with your hands, making sure the bacon is evenly distributed–as it has a tendency to clump together.
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium high heat. (Grass Fed Beef, Bison, Elk Antelope cook very quickly) be careful not to overcook
- Forming the burgers to the desired size.
- Season tops and bottom of burger with salt & pepper.
- Grill the burgers to desired temperature
- In a small separate pan, sauté onions in butter or ghee over low heat
- Toss the pineapple on the grill /skillet and let it char up on both sides.
- Place burgers on Lettuce and dress with Pineapple, Guacamole, Onions and BBQ Sauce,