Grilled Chicken with Lemongrass & Cilantro
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, cut into 1-inch pieces, pounded and bruised
- 1 cup packed chopped cilantro
- 4 large shallots, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp each vinegar and olive oil
Sweet Dipping Sauce:
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tsp Maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp Braggs apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup small mint leaves for garnishing
- 1 lime, sliced for garnishing
- Combine the ingredients for the Marinade in a shallow dish. Transfer the chicken into the dish and coat well with the Marinade. Cover the dish and marinate overnight.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by combining water, and syrup in a small bowl and add the crushed red pepper and mix well. Then add the vinegar . Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Refrigerate until use.
- To grill the chicken, scrape the marinade off the chicken breast. Season the chicken with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Grill the chicken for about 3-4 minutes. Reduce the heat or move the chicken to another part of the grill with lower heat. Let it cook for another 2 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook until desire tenderness, about 4-5 minutes.
- Let it rest for 3-5 minutes before slicing the chicken. Serve dipping sauce.