Adrenal Fatigue Eating Tips
Dr Hagmeyer here with some eating Tips to help improve Adrenal Fatigue. Adrenal fatigue, Adrenal dysfunction, HPA axis dysregulation- same condition different names can be healed and a great place to start is with you diet and nutritional habits.
While Nutrition alone won’t fix the problem- not changing your diet or not incorporating these tips will only slow down your recovery. Let’s talk about some of the dietary approaches that can not only help energy, sleep, mood but also help improve Adrenal glands who are having a hard time keeping up.
Do you feel like your get-up-and-go has gotten up and left?
Eating Tips To Help With Adrenal fatigue:
- Get to sleep before 10:00 pm. Always get a good night’s sleep.
- Sleep in until 9:00 am whenever possible.
- Try to laugh more.
- Try to eliminate “energy drainers” (things in your life that drain your energy).
- Reduce and/or avoid unhealthy habits – nicotine, alcohol, caffeine.
- Try having a glass of water in the morning containing 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt stirred in until dissolved. This is especially good for those with low blood pressure.
- Go easy on starchy carbohydrates. Instead, combine protein and fats at every meal.
- Eat an abundance of whole foods.
- Modest exercise like walking 15 minutes a day can help relieve daily stress.
Crucial Vitamins To Help Chronic Fatigue and Adrenal Fatigue
Vitamins, minerals, and micronutrients found in a pharmaceutical-grade supplements are essential to restoring adrenal health, and supporting the entire endocrine system. Not only can they help the healing process, but they can provide extra nutrition to our cells, and support proper adrenal functioning every day. Following are some of the most important to adrenal function:
- Vitamins C, E and all the B vitamins (especially pantothenic acid and B6) help regulate stress hormones.
- Magnesium provides energy to the adrenal glands (and the rest of your cells).
- Liposomal CoQ10 with PQQ- helps support mitochondria- The Energy producers within the cell.
- Calcium and trace minerals including zinc, manganese, selenium, and iodine provide calming effects in the body. These mineral can reduce the stress of adrenal fatigue, which will help decrease unnecessary cortisol production.
Common Adrenal Adaptogens That Help Chronic Fatigue and Adrenal Fatigue
Adrenal Adaptogens are herbs that actually adapt to the individual needs of your body, providing the additional essential support your adrenals need.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
- Eleuthero / Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus)
- Astragalus root (Astragalus membranaceus)
- Schisandra (Schisandra chinensis)
- Rhodiola rosea
- Licorice root (Glycyrrhiza glabra)