Double Chocolate Almond Banana Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners or lightly grease.
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Stir in eggs, butter or coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- In another bowl, sift together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until muffins spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick comes out clean.