Crock Pot Apple Sauce
- 20 medium apples (I used honey crisp, not too sour not too sweet)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey (adjust to your taste, I don’t like it too sweet)
- 1/2-1 tablespoon lemon juice (adjust depending on how sour the apples are)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel, core, and slice the apples. I used an apple slicer to speed things up.
- Place all of the slices in a crock pot and pour water over them.
- Sprinkle the salt, cover, and set your timer to 6 hours on low.
- After 6 hours has past, stir in the honey, lemon juice (if necessary), vanilla and cinnamon. Most of the apples will have broken down, but there will still be some chunks. If you like your apple sauce really smooth, run a immersion blender through the sauce or put it into a blender and pulse until smooth.