Croc Pot Cabbage Rolls
- 12 large cabbage leaves, 1lbs grassfed ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chicken or beef stock
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cauliflower, grated
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Blanch the cabbage leaves by placing them in a pot of boiling salted water for about 2 min. until leaves start to soften. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Pop cauliflower and onion in food processor until it looks like rice to speed up the process.
- Combine in a bowl the stock, onion, ground beef, cauliflower, and egg and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the soft cabbage leaves on a flat surface and fill each one with 1/12 of the meat mixture near the base of the leaves.
- Fold the sides of the leaves and roll them on themselves to close up the mixture inside. Transfer roll into crock pot.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the tomato sauce with the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over top of rolls in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
Recipe by Dr. Hagmeyer at https://www.drhagmeyer.com/croc-pot-cabbage-rolls/