Yield 4 side servings
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, stems removed
- 2 tbsp cooking fat
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the spinach in a pot of salted boiling water and boil for just a minute.
- Drain in a strainer and press on the spinach with a wooden spoon to release the most water possible. Coarsely chop the cooked spinach.
- Heat a skillet over a medium-high heat and cook the onion and garlic in the cooking fat until the onions are soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir around for about another 2 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, add a pinch of nutmeg and cook to reduce by half, about 4 minutes.
Recipe by Dr. Hagmeyer at https://www.drhagmeyer.com/creamed-spinach/