Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
- 1 15 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp honey, maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla, or more to taste (optional)
- Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator until well chilled, preferably overnight.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the firm layer of coconut cream that is at the top of the can. Stop as soon as you reach the water at the bottom of the can; don’t use anything but the solid cream. (You can use the water in smoothies.)
- Place the cream in a bowl and whip at high speed with a mixer or hand beater, about 3-5 minutes. Whip until it becomes fluffy and light with soft speaks. Mix in honey/maple syrup and vanilla, if desired. Serve.