Casablanca Carrot Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb carrots, but into ¼ inch rounds
- 2 green onions, minced (2 Tbsp)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 - 14.5 oz. cans vegetable/chicken broth
- 2 cups carrot juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- mint sprigs for garnish
- Heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- Add carrots, onions, garlic, cinnamon, turmeric, and cumin; stir 3 minutes.
- Add broth, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 30-35 minutes, until carrots are very tender.
- Puree carrot mixture with carrot juice and mint in blender until smooth.
- Stir in lemon juice and zest.
- Return to pot to warm, if necessary.
- Serve hot or chilled, garnished with mint.
Recipe by Dr. Hagmeyer at https://www.drhagmeyer.com/casablanca-carrot-soup/