Bison Burgers and Spicy Okra
- 2 lbs ground bison
- 1 lb fresh okra or flash frozen if fresh is unavailable
- Olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper
- Paprika & cumin
- Red pepper flakes
- Cayenne pepper
- Prepare bison burger by forming 4 patties and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place frozen okra on the baking sheet and mix a little olive oil.
- Season okra with paprika, cumin, red pepper flakes, sea salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne.
- Place in oven at 400 for 35 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
- While the okra is baking, heat a little olive oil in a skillet over med-high heat.
- Cook bison burgers approx. 4 minutes on each side, leave a good pink color in the middle