Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Yield 5-6 servings
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or honey (look for Raw)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 apples cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon,
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts(optional)
- Preheat oven at 350F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a food processor blend almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and coconut nectar.
- Chop apples then add 1tsp of vanilla and cinnamon.
- Whisk together eggs, 1 Tbsp of vanilla, and coconut milk blend the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, pulse until well blended.
- Fold in apple mixture.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the topping, scoop two teaspoons of mixture on top of each muffin then swirl with a toothpick.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 1 hour.