Almond Flour Pumpkin Donut Muffins
Yield 30 mini-muffins
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease mini muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Stir until thoroughly combined. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, canola oil and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Pour the egg mixture into the almond flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Fill each muffin cup with about a tablespoon of batter (I used my small cookie scoop). Bake for 15 minutes or until muffins test done with a toothpick.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat. Combine the sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
- As soon as the muffins are cool enough to handle, dip each one into the butter, then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Store only lightly covered so the sugar stays granulated. (If they are stored in an air-tight container, the moisture will make the sugar dissolve.)