6 Signs Your Liver is Stressed out and Needs Help
1-The Pill, High Cholesterol and Liver enzymes
Here are some early signals that your liver is struggling and in need of some help. The first sign you might have a sluggish toxic liver is you have High Cholesterol. As I said earlier, one of the main functions of the liver is to maintain a healthy level of fats in the bloodstream. For an average person, approximately 80% of the cholesterol is generated by the liver. A sluggish and toxic liver will show up as:
- Elevated low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or “bad cholesterol”
- Reduced high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, or “good cholesterol” which is the precursor for your hormone production
- Elevation triglycerides
- Elevated ALT and AST liver enzymes
- Weight gain
- Heart disease
Want to learn more about how the Pill affects your liver? Check out this video here
Need some support for your liver? consider Dual-Tox DPO® This is one of my favorites Liver support for phase 1 and phase 2 detoxification
Dual-Tox DPO® is designed to support balanced activity of the body’s Phase I and Phase II detoxification processes.* It has been formulated to contain select ingredients, Dual Phase Optimizers (DPO), to enhance the activities of hepatic detoxification enzymes and support healthy detoxification pathways.* The 5-MTHF in this formula – Quatrefolic® – is the most biologically active form of folate, allowing rapid uptake into the bloodstream.* The 5-MTHF in this formula is also known as the “L” form of 5-MTHF since it is the reduced form of folate.
If you feel you need more of a robust Liver support program consider the 14 day Detox program
#2 The Pill, Bile Flow, Bloating and IBS
The 2nd area indicating that the liver is struggling is Digestive Problems. Bloating, Belching, Gas, abdominal pain after eating.
Out of the many functions that the liver performs, the most important is to produce bile, which helps in digestion through the process of emulsification of lipids.
You may remember that in the last video where we talked about the Gallbladder, I said that the liver and Gall bladder work together we talked about how important bile flow is- well
*If you don’t have a Gall bladder, or you just suspect that you have a sluggish Gallbladder you will benefit from taking bile salts which aid in digestion of fats. I recommend that you start taking Digestion GB
Digestive Problems associated with poor Bile flow or Bile Production
If the liver is not producing enough bile than a person may experience symptoms such as
- Bloating of the abdomen especially when protein or fat is consumed.
- Leaky Gut
- Inability to digest fatty foods
- Loss of appetite
Want to learn more about how the Pill affects your Gut and leads to Leaky gut click here
Want to learn more about how the Pill affects your Gut and leads to Gut Dysbiosis click here
Want to learn more about how the Pill causes Gut inflammation and click here
#3 The Pill Allergies, Rashes and Skin conditions
The 3rd areas involves allergies and skin conditions. The liver plays an important role in eliminating toxins from the body and maintaining the efficiency of the body’s immune system.
If the process of eliminating toxins is slowed down, as is in the case of a sluggish liver caused by birth control pills and excess estrogen, skin irritation or skin allergies can develop.
These are often some of the first sign of a sluggish toxic liver.
Symptoms of Sluggish Toxic Liver or Liver Congestion Linked To Birth Control Pills
- Boils, acne, or moles
If you need help with the support of skin condition, rashes, allergies, I have seen great success clinically with DermaCo.
DermaCo is a Herb we use that helps with flushing of toxins from the body, it encourages the healthy function of the organs of elimination, promote normal healthy skin renewal and integrity, maintain healthy skin, promote healthy liver and intestinal function, it encourage healthy bowel function and it supports lymphatic system function.
DermaCo contains the following herbs: Sarsaparilla, Cleavers, Oregon Grape, Burdock and Yellow Dock. This combination of herbs contains many compounds including steroidal saponins, sterols, iridoid glycosides, phenolic acids, alkaloids (especially berberine and oxycanthine), acetylenic compounds and anthraquinone glycosides. Together these herbs and the compounds within them help:
- support normal flushing of toxins from the body
- encourage the healthy function of the organs of elimination
- maintain normal uric acid levels within a normal range
- promote normal healthy skin renewal and integrity
- maintain healthy skin
- cleanse the blood
- promote healthy liver and intestinal function
- encourage healthy bowel function
- support healthy kidney function
- support lymphatic system function
- promote the body’s normal resistance function*
#4 The Pill and Blood Sugar
Another area indicating that we have a problem with our liver, relates to our blood sugar and blood sugar stability.
Symptoms That Indicate A Potential Blood Sugar Problem linked to Birth Control Pills
- loss of appetite
- fatigue after a meal
- frequent thirst
- irritability if meals are misses
- changes in mood or cognitive function due to yo-yo blood sugar levels
If you suffer with several of these symptoms, then there is high likelihood that you have a blood sugar problem.
I recommend that you get your fasting Insulin Levels tested as well as your Hemoglobin A1c levels checked. You cannot rely on just having your glucose levels tested.
Here is a great supplement to help support blood sugar Berberine VasoQX is fantastic.
Berberine VasoQX™ Synergistic Phytonutrient Blend is designed to provide comprehensive support for healthy metabolic function.
It offers support for maintaining already healthy blood glucose metabolism, insulin and cardiovascular function. Berberine has been found to aid in AMPK activation, a process which plays an important role in assisting metabolism regulation.
Ingredients Support Cellular Metabolic Performance
With the addition of Gynostemma pentaphyllum and CoQ10, Berberine VasoQX™ provides powerful antioxidant protection and supports optimal vascular, immune and gastrointestinal health.
Berberine is an alkaloid isolated from the Coptis Chinensis plant that supports the activation of independent metabolic pathways.
Gynostemma pentaphyllum (GP), a member of the gourd family, is an herbaceous vine indigenous to Asian countries, and may increase the expression of the cellular pathways that promote fat oxidation, thermogenesis, and decrease the expression of lipogenic transcription factors.
CoQ10 acts as an electron transport carrier within the inner mitochondrial membrane. Playing an important role in maintaining bioenergy homeostasis and ATP production within the mitochondria
#5 The Pill, Hormonal Imbalances and Mood Swings (Anxiety and Depression)
I have a whole video dedicated to how the pill causes depression and anxiety- So I will just mention it here. The pill can cause Low B6, B12, Zinc and Tryptophan levels.
You can watch this video on 7 ways the pills causes depression here
#6 Another Area Affected by the Sluggish, Toxic Liver Caused By the Pill Is Hormonal balance.
The liver is responsible for filtering out the breakdown or metabolites of hormones. A person with a sluggish liver would experience symptoms such as:
- Irregular periods, heavy or light bleeding-
- Passing large dark red clots,
- Fibroids, Depression, Hot flashes
- Cysts on ovaries
- Mood swings or any menopausal problems
People Who Read This Article Also Recommend
- 7 ways the Pill and Synthetic Hormones Cause Anxiety and Depression
- Nutritional Deficiencies Caused By The Pill and Synthetic Hormones
- Signs and Symptoms of A Toxic Liver
- How the Pill and Synthetic Hormones cause IBS and Gut Dysbiosis
- How the Pill and Synthetic Hormones can cause Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Crohn’s
- How the Pill Can Cause Leaky Gut and Why Testing is Important
- The Pill and Synthetic Hormones link to Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth and Yeast Overgrowth
- The Pill and Synthetic Hormones connection to Gallbladders Disease Gall stones and Surgery-
- The Pill and Thyroid Disease- Why The Pill causes Weight gain, Depression, Fatigue and more