5 Steps That Will Help Minimize Your Fatigue
I have rarely seen individual suffering from Thyroid problems who also do not suffer from adrenal gland insufficiency/Chronic fatigue Syndrome. So how can you reverse adrenal fatigue and restore the health of your adrenals?Here are some of the things you can do that will have a profound impact on adrenal health and Thyroid Health as well:
1. Do a better job of managing the stress in your life. I realize this is not easy to do, but the fact remains that if you don’t do a good job of managing the stress in your life, there is virtually no chance of restoring the health of your adrenals. Just about everyone deals with chronic stress, so I’m not suggesting that you can eliminate all of the different stressors. However, most of us can do a much better job of handling the stress. I find my daily Prayer time to be extremely helpful with the daily stresses.
2. Reduce the amount of refined carbohydrates you eat. Although it would be great if you could completely eliminate all of the refined foods in your diet, even if you just dramatically reduce how much refined foods you eat daily it can help a great deal. Eat more whole foods, and try to make sure that each meal incorporates some protein. I personally grew up eating sugary cereals every morning for breakfast (Cinnamon toast crunch, Captain Crunch, Cheerios, etc), but these days have a healthy protein shake for breakfast. Be sure to also includes some low glycemic berries (raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries), some purified water, protein powder, flax seed oil, and an egg. This power packed combination will gives you a great deal of energy to start the day. If you really want it to be a little bit sweeter you can also add half a banana.
This doesn’t mean you also need to start the day with a protein shake, as you can have some organic eggs, or some other healthy source of protein. And no, organic cereal isn’t healthy! I brought this up because some people thing that just because a product is organic means that is healthy, but this isn’t true. While it might be better than eating a non-organic brand, it is still a refined carbohydrate.
3. Eat regularly throughout the day…and don’t skip breakfast! You should always be eating a breakfast, and not fruit loops. Not only should you have breakfast every single day, but you should also be eating a small snack every two hours throughout the day. Even if you are not the type of person who wakes up hungry you still need to get some type of protein to begin your day. You do not have to eat a huge breakfast. It is better to just have a few bites of something that is high in protein than to not eat anything at all. Try drinking a protein shake for breakfast, this not only gives your body the protein that it needs, but also hydrates it as well. Eating breakfast when you wake up and eating small snacks every two hours will do wonders for your metabolism and or balancing your blood sugar levels.
4. Get Your Sugar Cravings Under. One herb that I will recommend is Gymnema. This herb is going to help with the sugar cravings a.k.a. your sweet tooth. This is extremely effective in helping to curb and completely eliminate the sugar cravings that people.
5. Get The Proper Testing. I have found that most patients, have not had complete and thorough testing. In my opinion any doctor worth his/her weight will properly evaluate you metabolically and neurologically. This includes proper testing of the adrenal glands, a complete thyroid panel (not just a TSH and T4), digestive function (evaluation of Leaky gut, food sensitivities, barrier function tests) immune function and vitamin deficiencies(anemia, Ferritin Levels, Vit B12, D). Blood tests alone are not an adequate measure for thyroid and Chronic Fatigue assessment. You can read more about the testing used In our clinicand how and how it helps us solve some of the most difficult cases.
Read more about Anemia and Vitamin B12 deficiency here
Some of the things that I have mentioned, you will no doubt, be able to do on your own. If you are interested in starting a Natural Thyroid Treatment protocol, contact my office.
If you are serious about taking the necessary steps to regain your life and receive optimal results, it would be best to have a consultation and case review as soon as possible.
For Better Health Naturally